Monday, March 5, 2012

The Cinnamon (Roll) Challenge!

All in all, a successful weekend; although the buns aren't exactly picture perfect, they are edible and indeed, delicious! As expected the dough was a bit of a challenge, since the original recipe wasn't gluten-free, I had to improvise. The consistency of the end result isn't the fluffy, gooeyness of regular cinnamon rolls, but hey, you can't win em all. My lovely boyfriend played photographer this time, so the whole experience has been well documented. See last week's post for the recipe!

*A couple of notes: I had to use quite a bit more flour (white, brown rice, tapioca, potato starch) than 4 1/2 cups. Along with flouring the surface, I had to add some more to the dough before I could roll it out. I used almond milk for the dough and the frosting. And, before rolling out the dough I chilled it for 20 min or so, as I've done with other GF recipes since they seem to be a bit more stubborn when it comes to staying together. Hope you get a chance to try it! They were a tasty success! 








1 comment:

  1. Oh yum. I may have to roll up my sleeves and give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete