Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Finding Me. {bear with me, world}

So today's Alliteration Wednesday is on hiatus until tomorrow. Today I'm writing to boast my own spirits, they seem to have taken a hit lately. I'm feeling the accumulation of a lot of stuff, some I'm not sure I can even identify. I think a lot of it has to do with the end of semester, which in comparison to what I know a lot of other students are going through, is very minimal. So I'm taking my frustration out on my blog. Please bear with me everyone.
Got Bob Marley's I Can See Clearly Now playing, a song that's always been special for me. I remember my third grade teacher teaching it to us and we'd all sing while he played guitar. It's one of my fonder childhood memories.
I'm thankful for me. And really, I want to feel that you shouldn't have to search outside of yourself to find something to be thankful for. Yes, I'm thankful for my family, my upbringing and the beautiful city I live in, but today I just wanna be thankful for me.
If there's one person who you always have to put up with, and will always be there, it's You.
As corny as that sounds, I find I'm sometimes the hardest person I have to deal with. I know how to push my own buttons, and sometimes I just get in my own way.
Call it multiple personalities, call it whatever you like, but I think a big part of finding your place in the world starts with finding your place within yourself. And I think that's what I'm struggling with. Just figuring myself out, learning to do what makes me happy, and breathing through the things that don't.

Somewhere over the rainbow...
Tumblr_ljlwyuy2261qe0sfio1_400_large

1 comment:

  1. I identify with this so much, it's like you ripped pages out of my journal! I'm so self destructive sometimes, it boggles my mind. My advice to you is to stop and reflect, and take the time to worry about yourself. Take all of it one day at a time while it's tough and soon the worries will be fewer. Good luck with the end of the semester, it's also known as meltdown season lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete