Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Geocache this!

Over this summer I had the opportunity to try my hand at Geo Caching. for those of you who have never tried it, geocaching is an online global network of people who put up the GPS coordinates for hidden "caches" or trinkets around the world. The game is free, anyone can play, and you don't have to contribute to the caches once you find one.
My younger brother brought this amazing community to my attention while our family vacationed in Tofino. needless to say i was more than stoked. He'd stumbled across it on a little island that's accessible by foot when the tide is out. The next day, we trekked out to it and honestly, all I could think was this island would be an awesome place to hide out..etc etc...
I contributed a hemp bracelet I'd made the night before, and a note with my email, hoping whoever chose to take the bracelet would let me know who it's proud new owner was.
A week later I got an email. A young man had discovered the cache (not a cache virgin), and decided to take my bracelet. Awesome! We've become facebook friends, cuz as everyone knows that's the true mark of knowing someone these days.
I am on the hunt for more caches in my city, and have a mission to add a hemp bracelet to each one and become world-renown as the Hemp Bracelet Girl from Vancouver. yeah it's a small goal, but seriously geo caching is freaking sweeet! Check it out, come and play :)

www.geocaching.com










 



No comments:

Post a Comment