Monday, April 4, 2011

Le beau cheval

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, I know I did. By a change in circumstances I got to go to Cavalia yesterday! Amazing, abso-freakin-lutely amazing. Ever since I had to stop at 15 because of my scoliosis, I have missed horseback riding more than anything. I started when I was about 4, and completely fell in love with horses. I initially hadn't wanted to see the show because I though it would be too hard to watch, but I'm very glad I did. What I loved most was the organic feel the show had, showing the relationship between people and horses. So much was done bareback and without any actual touching, just an emotional energetic connection. Truly amazing to watch, I got a little emotional and remembered how much I missed riding. I did some horse shows, nothing too advanced, but I loved just being on a horse more than the competition. The one downside to living in the city is there are few trail riding companies, mostly lessons. I'm hoping this summer to be able to get back in the saddle (haha). I definitely had a passion for riding, and I'm dying to have it back in my life.
If you haven't checked out Cavalia, I highly recommend it! Well worth the price, it's a one of a kind show.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment