Thursday, April 7, 2011

C'était un jour pour ne faire rien

It's the end of another semester, the light is starting to become visible at the end of the tunnel, le moment est arriver, tout est fait! I digress. I'll admit I'm getting a little anxious to end this semester. It's easy to fall into a comfort zone and studying (or not studying in my case 75% of the time), coffee, class, buses, sleep...I'll be doing something of an adjustment when i jet to Italy in exactly 21 days (!).
Until then, I'm working on a paper on the influence of Picasso in the early 20th century. As you can see, I'm hard at work. Ensuite, je vais faire mes devoirs de francais. Alors, ce n'est pas mon choix prefere, mais pour etre reussir a mes examens la semaine derniere, c'est important.

On another note, I am partial to photography that examines the human form with a non-human abstraction. Thus, I bring you Edward Weston. Amazing photographer in the 1920s. Here is one of my favourites.

Nude, 1925
image borrowed from History of Photography

1 comment:

  1. Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    ah saw your comment that your canadian! woo so hard to find canadian blogs. and from vancouver! luuucky duck! in toronto we finally just started getting spring weather this weekend!

    Talk soon wild child
    -Hattie
    Hattitude Artistic Style Blog

    ReplyDelete