Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To Fashion or Not to Fashion?

That, is the question. And my answer is, probably not. Every spring, new fashion faux pas and modern takes on retro-inspired trends literally, "spring" forth. I'm not one to shy away from the classics, but mainly I like to stick to what's comfortable. And what I know I can pull off. Argo, I wouldn't attempt a neon shift dress or Twiggy-esque high-waisted flares. So this season, I'm avoiding fashion. I plan to stick to my own intuition and (gasp) re-wear most of my last years warm weather wardrobe. I might invest in a top or two, but overall I don't see much wrong with what I already have. Ok, I'll admit, a lot of the motivation for this post is to put in writing that I sincerely don't need to shop. And yes, this comes after a trip to forever21 and amazon but that's beside the point. My Spring Resolution: I will not shop. (unless I absolutely, can't-wear-anything-else-in-my-closet-without-it need it.)
That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
If you feel the same, do not, and I can't stress this enough, do not visit these sites. The temptation is too great. ;)

asos     forever21     victoria's secret     revolve        erica weiner     bonadrag          urban outfitters     etsy


{On the other hand, if I were allowing myself to shamelessly indulge in a spending frenzy..I would probably start with these}

 Thistle Weave Underwire Bikini - MORE SIZES NOW AVAILABLE              


maybe just a little lot of shopping?...
(if anyone asks, Charlie Sheen made me do it.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm always up for investing in warm sweaters, no matter what the season is because even in the summer I find myself with chills.
    As far as fashion trends this spring, I am keeping with my resolution to put a halt to wearing t-shirts to work and try to be a little more grown up in my wardrobe and maybe wear more dresses/skirts because I've always been all about the jeans. <3 jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Charlie Sheen made me do it" ... LOL .. best line ever.

    I am on such a tight budget these days, by the time I could afford one of the new "it" items, it probably wouldn't be in style any more! So I'm with you all the way - stick to your own intuition, find new ways to wear the stuff already in your closet and just invest in a few classics. :)

    ReplyDelete