Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sat-err-day.

Tumblr_li43vk2ues1qejuy1o1_500_large
It's another Saturday, and as usual I have a ton of work to do and little motivation to do it. Upon realizing that I'm on something of a plateau in my life, I've started to think more about what I want to do in the future instead of what I want to do right now. The truth is, I haven't a clue what I want to do, in future or present. I feel stumped and confuzzled with what I should be/want to do with my young life. I wrote a post the other day, which was something of a existential rant and a little rambling so I decided not to post it just yet. The first time I've felt apprehensive about a blog entry. And it got me thinking, what am I even doing with this blog? I want something that connects with people, maybe even gives them a feeling of wanting to connect back. I feel like by putting my words out there, foolish and naive as it may feel, I may be a little more optimistic that there's more to what I should be doing than going to French class or writing a term paper.
I think we all like to feel a little bigger sometimes, even in a miniscule way. Even if we only touch one person (metaphorically), it seems to puff us up into a slightly more noticeable speck.

So, to summarize my little episode of self-examination and blog scrutiny, What drives you, readers?
What makes you confess your favourite outfits, delicious recipes and design schemes?


And also,
I made cookies. Flourless Peanut Butter Banana cookies.
Stay tuned for the recipe!

1 comment:

  1. keep at it! I've been blogging for a little over a year and for the first six months, had very very few comments/readers. I was unsure as to whether to keep going but then I realized it didn't matter how many people were reading as long as I enjoyed writing and sharing. And I did. Increasing readership has never been my goal...I wanted it to grow naturally. Now? I'm pretty sure I've attracted my readers because of my commitment to providing quality, original content. I love having people visiting: it definitely validates something. But, I love writing more. And that's why I continue to blog :)

    ReplyDelete