Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wheat-Free Trail Mix Mini Muffins

Another success! The recipe calls for brown rice flour or other, but I used a 3-part mix of brown rice flour, tapioca flour and potato starch. And they're mini because I wanted to make a dozen, and test out my new silicone muffin cups. I also added the trail mix. This recipe is one I use for all muffins, adding whatever flavour I feel like. It's simple and very adaptable. Original recipe from CanadaBBHosts.com


1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1 cup rice flour  (1/3 cup each potato starch, tapioca flour and rice flour)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla

Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs.
Add vanilla to milk
Mix flour, salt and baking powder together and add to sugar/egg/butter mixture alternating with liquids.
Stir without overmixing.
Can add 1 & 1/2 tbsp berries. If frozen add frozen. (this is the part I substituted with trail mix. And I used a bit more than 2 tbsp)
Bake 350F for 20 min
Makes 8 muffins. (or a dozen bite-sized!)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment