Friday, January 21, 2011

Product Favs

Karoline Grymyr -So once again procrastinating and lolling about the house before French class, I got to thinking about my favourite things. As far as products go, I'm pretty low maintenance. I don't wear a lot of make-up, more because of the lack of need than not liking it. I did go to Blanche MacDonald for a while, so I know my way around a brush kit and bronzer. Also, having had two bouts with skin-related antibiotics, I'm hesitant to be brave when it comes to new make-up. However, I do have some favourites, and for good reason!

My favourite mascara to date is Maybelline Falsies, in Blackest Black. It goes on so smooth and silky, and really separates your lashes for a wide-eyed, non-clumpy look. For daytime, I sometimes prefer their Brownish-Black, it's a little less dramatic than black mascara but still gives your eyes a needed wake-up.

For foundation, I'm loyal to Marcelle's Sheer Tint Fluid Moisturizer. It has SPF 15 and is hypo-allergenic. it's light enough to wear daily, and blends really nicely into the skin. They have two varieties, one with a bit of light-reflecting highlight that's so dewy for summer, and one that has more of a matte look.

I'm a big fan of Almay's Liquid Eyeliner right now! The bottle is small, making it ultra portable. And the tip is firm enough to draw straight but soft enough to work like a fine brush. It works great for sensitive eyes, and contact wearers.

My favourite compact foundation right now is the Mineral Powders from MAC. Light and easy to carry, I highly recommend if you're already a fan of MAC!

Another skin-friendly fav is Clinque's Redness Solutions. It's a mineral-based light wear powder that's a pale yellow, which counteracts with skin's redness. I love this for summer and winter to combat a little too much sun, or to prevent looking red-faced in the cold. Unfortunately, no SPF in this one. It is allergy tested, and 100% fragrance free.

Lip balms are an absolute necessity for me! I love Burt's Bees Honey lip balm. Their Pomegranate flavour is my version of lipstick. Again with the skin sensitivity, I've had some bad run-ins with lipstick/gloss.

If anyone has any favourites, please share!

No posts this weekend, off for a trip to the island to visit the boyfriend!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment